- If you've ever installed EPM 11.1.2.x on Linux before, the installTool.sh process for EPM 184.108.40.206 is identical.
- You obviously want a VNC client or PuTTY+XMing (unless you're using the VirtualBox console or the like). If you don't own a license for VNCViewer, look up "TightVNC" on your favorite search engine. It is open source.
- Before you dive in and run configtool.sh, stop and run RCU. As I've stated in other posts and in comment replies, in a distributed environment you need to do this on every server except the Essbase server.
- HFM is grayed out unless you're either installing on Exalytics or Windows.
- The certification matrix says Red Hat 7 and Oracle Linux 7 are the only certified UNIX platforms for this release; AIX and Solaris are not mentioned.
- After you run RCU and then configtool.sh, you will need to fix script permissions
- If you've tried 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124 in Windows, the Linux directory structure is laid out in an identical fashion. If you haven't tried 11.2.x yet, the directory structure is mostly the same as 11.2.1.x, but there are some minor differences (primarily with Oracle Middleware... user_projects is the same as what you're used to).
- Financial Reporting's "FRConfig.sh" still shows an incorrect database schema, as do all prior EPM 11.2.x releases. This is a bug someone will need to report to Oracle. This bug means you will be forced to use either Workspace->Explore->File->Export or the LCM batch utility rather than LCM to export your reporting repository. LCM will throw an error for this specific task.
- Auto-installed patches are the same as 126.96.36.199's, and mostly the same as 188.8.131.52's (minor difference where WebLogic is concerned due to the addition of Chrome and Edge support). Essbase is still 184.108.40.206.033 and Java is still about 1 year old at 1.8 Update 181. Once you get the system stable, you'll want to look into applying WebLogic and Java patches from the July 2020 Oracle Critical Patch Update. You can also patch the Essbase suite up to 220.127.116.11.039 or .040 if you want (as of this writing).